[a rebloggable post of past advice from followers]
On the computer
- F. lux creates a lovely warm glow between sundown and sunup that is supposed to not mess with your sleep cycle the way a normal screen will.
- Listen to calming music
- watch tv shows or listen to podcasts that are non-triggering. Simply hearing a familiar voice or seeing familiar faces can help
- chat/skype with a friend. Talk about what is on your mind.
In your room
- put a nightlight in your room or leave a lamp on
- build yourself a nest of pillows, blankets, and/or stuffed animals
- Melatonin, a sleep supplement, is available for purchase in most health food and drug stores without a prescription
- sedative herbs like valerian root (can be found in teas but is also available in “herbal supplements”)
- Celestial Seasonings teas makes a “sleepytime” tea which is great if you need to relax or go to sleep
- Make a list of what is worrying you and place it somewhere so you will find it the following morning
- Take a warm bath or shower and scrub yourself clean
- Get a little food in your stomach
- Count backwards from 1000 by 7s
- If you have been unable to sleep for longer than 30 minutes-1hr get out of bed and do something until you feel tired again.
-Wake up at the same time everyday to reset your sleep-wake cycle
-Avoid doing anything else in bed apart from sleeping or sex. Try to do activities like work, eating and watching tv outside of bed.
feel free to leave a message in our inbox and we will update the list :]
self-initiated project by Noel Shiveley, a letterer from California. Noel decided to combine his lettering skills and passion for photography to create a new design every day, for a year. You can follow his progress on Instagram.
Ain’t it fun!!
lovely buddha…always brings a sense of serenity and integrity into a space…
- Books 1-3: Fuck yeah, I'm Harry Potter.
- Books 4-7: Fuck, I'm Harry Potter.